Wednesday, July 03, 2013

8 books I haven't read yet, and one I have

SUMMER READING! SUMMER READING! SUMMER READING!
Of interest!
1)  The Ocean At The End of The Lane
 Also, because of this Summer Reading List...
2) Claire DeWitt and the Bohemian Highway
(even though I almost skipped reading about it because something about the cover threw me off)
3) A Constellation of Vital Phenomena
I will try to get through the viscera...
4) The Woman Upstairs 
Sounds kinda scary...
5) Queen Bee of Tuscany
Before bedtime reading?
6) Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation
I wish to finally learn what "braising" actually means
7) Beautiful Ruins
(waited for weeks for that book and when I finally got it from the library, I didn't get to read it! I will try again)
~~~~
A while back, I did read another book I'd waited for: the YA novel about the red-haired Eleanor and Park.  When it finally became available, I was personally amused to see 1)  an artist's blog I'd just been looking at featured a very red-haired person who was in Milan (an interesting place I've thought about)  and 2) this from the author's website http://rainbowrowell.com/blog/2013/04/why-is-park-korean/
~~~~
And! (not from that reading list) I'm interested in:
8) The Pink Hotel
~~~~
That's 8. 8 is enough. Good luck, self.
~~~~
Then again, if I just spent the summer half-watching old game shows on youtube, WKRP in Cincinnati vs. Love Boat would probably beat out 8 is Enough vs. Dallas because...
It's WKRP in Cincinnati...

No comments: